24 October 2012

20 Events from My 20th Year

It's 11:53 on October 24th as I write this, to be published in seven minutes for my birthday. It's been a great birthday week so far - I've treated myself to a birthday present every day of the week, from new pants to an air popcorn popper to a nice "spa" evening complete with mani-pedi and blowing out my hair. I can't help but think how blessed I really am.

Last year on my birthday, I copied my birthday twin Danica and posted about nineteen things I was thankful for. I thought about doing that again, but most of the things I would say are the same as last year. With my recent focus on enjoying life and making the most of it (reinforced by Elder Uchtdorf's talk in October General Conference) I've decided to post a review of twenty great things I was able to do during my twentieth year.

1. The year started in Nauvoo on my Church History Tour!


2. I dropped my phone in a toilet.

3. I went camping on January 2nd

4. I got to watch my brother on Jeopardy! (If you would like to watch my brother on Jeopardy!, you can do so here.)

5. I started taking classes in my major!
7. I started an internship with Real Salt Lake



8. I went to midnight premiers of both The Hunger Games and The Avengers



9. I got a new job in the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences Marketing Team! (For those of who who wonder what I do, here is a videos that I helped produce for a club in the college.)


10. I went to visit my brother Will and sister-in-law Ashley in San Francisco


11. I went to visit my brother Russell in Los Angeles


12. I got to throw Olive (bar)Lowe a bridal shower and then go to her wedding and luncheon.



13. I re-discovered the outlet stores in Park City and what they can do for my wardrobe

14. I left my job at the LAO

15. I brought a car down to Provo with me when school started!

16. I moved in with Miss Becca Davis



17. I got to go paddle boarding for my aunt's birthday and I fell off... three times.


18. I spontaneously drove down to Goblin Valley with my cousin, and had to stand by my car on the side of the road with the hazards on as we tried to figure out why it decided to die





20. I participated in the BYU Homecoming Parade (while wearing my burgundy cords)



Those of you who are regular readers of my blog, sorry for what is pretty much a review of some of my blog entries. But at the same time, thank you for being a part of my life, making me who I am, and helping me achieve my goals. I love all of you, and thanks for all that you've done for me!


No comments: